Sunday 18 September 2016

Lucinda Chambers fashion trail at the National Portrait Gallery

Mary English - portrait by William Armfield Hobday
Picked up a leaflet by chance at the National Portrait gallery - Lucinda Chambers, fashion editor at Vogue, has chosen paintings that particularly inspire her to create a 'Height of Fashion' trail. What a great idea. Click here to find out more. 

"I often find myself turning towards the National Portrait Gallery always in the knowledge that I will discover something new to me, that will both stimulate and inspire," she says. "As a fashion editor, I think people expect me to be pretty obsessed with clothes, but, I would say that for me they are a small part of what engages me, they are a piece of the puzzle. I’m far more interested in the pictures: pictures of how men and women are portrayed; how the world sees them and how they see themselves. "

We're continuing to do work on needlework and embroidery - if not fashion (but who knows what may come next). Katrina Williams will be running our next embroidery session at the Masbro Centre, Hammersmith, in October.

Support Us

Bridging Arts depends on grants and charitable donations. To support us, click here.